The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, features the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets, and a guided missile submarine. Through exhibitions, educational programming and the foremost collection of military aircraft and vessels, visitors of all ages and abilities are taken on an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery.
Located on Manhattan’s West side, the Intrepid Museum was founded in 1982 with the acquisition of the aircraft carrier USS Intrepid. Now a National Historic Landmark, the carrier served tours of duty in World War II and the Vietnam War and was a recovery vessel for the Gemini and Mercury space missions.
- USS Intrepid aircraft carrier
- Space Shuttle Pavilion showcasing space shuttle Enterprise
- USS Growler nuclear submarine
- Concorde supersonic airplane
- A collection of more than 20 military aircraft
- Special exhibitions and films
- Educational programs and events focused on STEM education.